February 14, 2014

Fishy Valentine's Day Dinner


Happy Valentine's Day

I'm not a huge fan of sushi, but I am a huge fan of the sushi bar found at my local Harris Teeter grocery store. You can find all of your traditional sushi favorites freshly made daily. In addition to these yummy favorites, Eddie, manager of the sushi bar, creates his own custom sushi delights. He specifically specializes in creating sushi that is decorated with fresh fruit on top. Often times I order platters of sushi for special events and gathering. Eddie's sushi platters are always a BIG HIT!

Around this time last year, I ordered a platter of sushi which included sushi that was topped off with strawberries, mango, and bananas for my church's Middle School Super Bowl party. Eavesdropping on various conversations, I heard a number of compliments on how the fruit sushi was surprisingly really good. It made me feel great knowing that so many people enjoyed the same sushi I get to enjoy so often.

A few weeks later, stopping by the Harris Teeter sushi bar during my lunch break, I noticed a small platter of sushi arranged in a heart shaped box. It was a Valentine's Day sushi box! What will they think of next! Haha. I chatted with Eddie for a bit mentioning to him how I thought his idea for a Valentine's Day sushi box was pretty cool. Eddie is such a nice, polite, and very respectful man. He is most certainly a hard worker, he and prides himself on the quality of his work. Not only does he go out of his way to make delicious sushi, but he takes it an extra step by creating sushi that is very presentable and looks great. I didn't pick up one of the V-Day sushi boxes because the boxes were made for two, and I didn't have anyone to share with. Oh well. :/

Fast forward a year.  Since I moved to a location that is further away for this Harris Teeter, I haven't been able to eat sushi from Eddie's sushi bar as often.  However, this Valentine's Day I was able to pick up one the the delightful heart shaped sushi boxes. As you can see, this sushi box came with several tuna rolls, some mango rolls, and some strawberry rolls.  The heart in the middle is made of rice which is topped off with avocado.

A special guest dropped by, and I took some photos of the lovely sushi arrangement. My special friend and I had a very tasty dinner! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...